R-1: THBT the United States of America should fund moderate Madrassas (schools of Islamic study) throughout the Islamic world.
R-2: THW allow first-time offenders to, with the consent of the victims, pay compensation to them in place of a prison sentence.
R-3: TH regrets the rise of a ‘hookup culture’ (one which accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters focused on physical pleasure, without necessarily including emotional bonding).
R-4: THBT developing countries should ban members of political dynasties from standing for elected office.
R-5: THBT the Trans-Pacific Partnership is in the interests of the small and medium-sized negotiating countries. Info slide:
– A number of countries are currently negotiating to establish the world’s largest free trade area by comprehensively liberalising trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
– This proposed agreement, known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), would include the following countries: United States, Japan, Australia, Vietnam, Mexico, Chile, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zeland, Peru and Brunei.
– China is NOT included in these negotiations.
R-6: THW make the receipt of welfare payments to raise children conditional on the use of long-term, but reversible, contraception.
R-7: THBT government agencies that regulate drugs should only test whether a drug is safe, not whether it is effective, before approving it for public use. Info slide: Generally, government agencies, responsible for regulating drugs (for example the Food and Drug Administration, or the European Medicines Agency) rewuire that a new drug pass two different tests before being approved for public use. These seperate tests asses whether a drug is:
– First, “safe”, does the drug pose an unacceptable health risk?
– Second, “effective”, does the drug do what it claims to do?
R-8: THBT NATO should unconditionally offer membership to the states of the former Soviet Union, excluding Russia.
R-9: TH regrets the commodification of indigenous cultures.
DOF: THW abolish gated communities in the developing world.
OF: THBT Japan should shame its soldiers who participated in WWII, including those who did not commit war crimes themselves.
QF: THW auction off the long-term right to govern bankrupt cities for profit.
SF: THBT women should reject practices that alter the appearance of their genitalia, such as waxing and labiaplasty.
F: THBT India should adoptaggressive free market policies.